Folding Bikes Answer The Call To Conserve
Something cool for today.
Folding or collapsable bikes have been around for 30 years. But now, they’re better, lighter, and there’s more room for them in a world of high oil prices and shrinking living spaces.
Another thing that’s really making them come in to their own is the array of lightweight materials available today. After all, if you’re going to fold up your bike and carry it from the street to your desk in the office, it has to be light.
These bikes just fit the urban lifestyle. They’re a quick way to get around and they’re easy to stow away at work, at home or under your seat on the train. Check them out …
Some Folding Bike Makers:
- Silkmead – A tube company. They make the Airframe; a nice and easy leisure bike.
- Airnimal – High performance road and offroad bikes.
- Bike Friday – They make a bike for every use; road, touring, mountain, commuting.
- Birdy – Full suspension. Need I say more.
- Brompton – One of the most well known names in folding bikes.
- Dahon – Pictured above; they make a wide assortment of bikes including road, offroad and suspension.
- Mezzo – Fun-loving commuter bikes.
- Moulton – Alex Moulton has been designing one thing or another since the ’50s.
- Sinclair Research – They make cool stuff. The A-bike is a real pocket bike. Sort of like a scooter with a seat.
One more thought. These bikes offer a great opportunity for starting a bike rental business. Especially a small urban shop or the mobile kind that goes out to popular locations and sets up shop every day.
Just think about how many of these collapsable commuters you could fit in the back of a van.