Yep, the memes have been racking up for a bit.
It seems I get tagged for one every week. Since I write 5 posts a week, participating in all of them would take up about 20% of my content. That’s a little much. I like participating in them. I also like efficiency.
So I thought I’d save up a few and do them all at once …
1. Being Productive Online
2. Eight Random Facts About Me
Robin from Fortune Watch tagged me for the “8 random facts about me” meme. Here’s four:
- I’m the only person I know that doesn’t own a cell phone. Seriously.
- The most comfortable shoes I ever bought were a pair of Hawk skate shoes. I bought two pairs. I miss all four of them deeply.
- When I was 9, our Siamese cat saved me from the Rottweiller down the lane when it got loose one day. Never mess with a Siamese when she’s decided she’s not going to run.
- The Diving Bell spider lives underwater in a pocket of air that it brings down and traps beneath the web it weaves in the water flora. It’s not a fact about me, but it’s a fact. And it’s pretty cool.
3. If I Could Only Read 5 Blogs
Nate tagged me for this one. This one is really hard. Not because I don’t have 5 favorite blogs but because I really don’t want to leave a lot of other blogs out. Blogging can be amazingly rewarding. Done right, a blog is full of blood, sweat and tears. And if I drop by your blog even occasionally, it’s because you made it worth my time. And well worth it.
- Smart Wealthy Rich. Jon makes me think. He makes me need to comment on what he writes. He’s also been a huge supporter of Zoomstart. Which compels me to write on the odd day when I don’t want to.
- Nate Whitehill. Nate’s been another huge supporter of this blog. The beauty of his blog is that he’s a true up-and-coming entrepreneur. He’s not going to tell you how to do stuff that doesn’t work. It’s tried. It’s tested. It’s true.
- Copyblogger. I don’t read Brian Clark’s blog everyday. But when I need to … I really, really need to.
- Freelance Switch. Cyan, Jack and Collis have put together a blog of immeasurable success in literally a matter of weeks. And not without good reason. Just read it.
- Jane May Blogs. This girl is gonna take over the whole freakin’ internet. Watch and see. And learn.
If you’re reading this sentence, you’ve been tagged. It’s now your sworn duty to carry on one of these memes. Or all of them.
Or start one of your own.