A lot of people want to add a multiple line email signature right on the device itself. Here’s how:
- Hit your menu key and open up the MemoPad app (yep, that’s the trick)
- Type in your contact info, using the enter key to create separate lines for name, phone, fax, etc. It’s also a good idea to hit enter at the start to create a blank line at the top of the memo
- Hit the menu key and press “Select” which allows you to highlight the text. Then use the trackball to highlight all the text including your blank line at the top
- Hit the menu button again and press “Copy”
- Now … hit the red “hang-up” button which takes you back to your apps icons. Select “E-mail Settings”
- Use the trackball to hover over “Edit” under the appropriate email address and click the trackball
- Scroll down to the “Signature” field. Hit the menu button and press “Paste”. Scroll down to the bottom to highlight “Save”. Click it
- The dishes are done.
Send yourself an email to test that it’s working (Note: your signature is attached and doesn’t show when you compose an email on your Blackberry).
Hopefully this will save you the hour and a half I wasted tooling around with this …